Tuesday 6 October 2015

Silent Man


Silent Man,
Who I have loved-
for a decade of my life-

Given you my youth...
Allowed you to kiss the truth,
from my lips-
And slip your teasing lies-
Between my thighs-

Silent Man,
Who won't say that he loves me,
Only but on occasion-
And opens my legs,
with no need of persuasion-

Silent man,
Who keeps me behind closed doors,
and under the sheets,
Because God Forbid, the world sees-!
My love for you-
and your love for me-
Our love for each other,
If ever,
there was a thing like that-?!?

Silent man,
Who speaks to me no longer-
unless spoken to...
Who seems far away from
this broken tool,
that pumps blood through me!

Silent man,
Invite me to your wedding,
Where I will be shedding-
tears of 'Joy'-

Coz nothing ever happened-
Because I Never loved you-
and you Never-
loved me...
and We?
Never loved each other....

But I just dedicated a decade
of my life to you....

Silent man-

Go! with your silence-
Leave me deaf in this room-
Let me dig 'us' a grave-
and mark it with no name-
So that those who visit
will never know-
whose love lain,
in the soil!

Silent Man,
Be happy with this
dead- secret love kept...
walk away, with the ashes of my
heart in your hand-
then brush it against her face-
and tell her everyday...
that you love her, in every way....


By: Angel Uwamahoro

No comments:

Post a Comment