Tuesday 6 October 2015

I Can't Wait to Love You!

I can’t wait to love you-

I can’t wait to wake up every morning and,
NOT mind that its YOU-

I  can’t wait to kiss you….
while- you still have bad breath-
because I see on TV 
that that’s, what real lovers do-
So I can’t wait to love you-


I can’t wait to slip on some under wear,
either yours or mine-
a t-shirt whether yours or mine-
because it wouldn’t matter-
and go down stairs and make you breakfast-
because that's what I see- on the TV,
That that’s, what lovers do-
So I can’t wait to love you-

Oh my sweet man,
I can’t wait to love you-
and bring you breakfast in bed,
massage your neck…
Wash your locks in the shower-
oil your head-
And hate to see you leave for work-

Oh my smart black man-
I can’t wait to love you so much-
That I miss YOU!
I can’t wait to feel that way-
as I go about my day- 
It has been too long (8hrs) before I see your face, 

I can’t wait to read that text from you 
that says you miss me too-
I can’t wait for that feeling NOT to get old-
I can’t wait for that to feel like gold- 
EVERY TIME!

Oh My sweet black man, 
Can’t you see, that I can’t wait to love you?

And when you come home,
I’ll take your briefcase from your hand-
I’ll have your cold beer ready-
And I’ll be ready to love you-

I can’t wait to hear your dreams,
as we lay in bed at night-
I can’t wait to give you myself-
and not worry about weather or not-
I will be having your child,
Because this time 
I will WANT to have your child!

And so I’ll welcome all of you into me
and pray to the 
heavens to hear me so that 
God can plant half of you and half of me 
and that soon we can be a family of three-

Oh my sweet, my sweet-black man-
I can’t wait to love you-
I can’t wait to hear your laugh-
I can’t wait for it to be music to my ears-
I can’t wait for us to share something so untouchable 
that we hold on to each other just to get a scene 
of it, coz that’s the only time it feels right.

I can’t wait to not care about your mistakes
and you not to care about my past, because 
even though we’ve both stood complete before
Standing together just makes us- better- people....

And baby, I don’t want a love that makes the people jealous-
I don’t want a love that makes my lady friends envious-
That’s not the kind of love that I want for us-
I want a love that can inspire the world to love-
That young men can look to, and learn how to treat  their women
That women can look to, and STILL feel empowered, independent and are able 
to find value in loving and serving their men, with honesty and loyalty-

That is the kind of love, that I can’t wait to love you with! <3

Oh my sweet Black man-

I cannot Wait! 


By: Angel Uwamahoro

2 comments:

  1. Woooow Angel you are such a good poet.
    I wish you find that Man and experience that real love. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete